Monday, March 16, 2009

Your interference doesn't PHASE me...

I apologize for this, but the bulk of the homework I assigned today has to do with beats, which I left out in order to talk about interference. I will be sure to give you some interference problems over the next few days to compensate.

Tomorrow's lab will hopefully take the first period, and then we can talk about beats and electromagnetic waves during 7th.

Question 17.
You can use either the equation we derived at the end of class, or reasoning about the distance traveled by each wave. If the sources are close together, then the distance traveled by each wave will be similar, and the waves will have to travel a larger difference in distance in order to reach the path difference needed for constructive or destructive interference. This means the locations will be further apart when the sources are close together.

No comments: